Phlebotomy courses cover duties associated with the practice of venipuncture, capillary puncture and special collection procedures and a clinical. Also includes experience with quality control, infection control and safety procedures as well as laboratory computer systems. Students successfully completing this course and clinical may apply for a National Phlebotomy Registry Examination. The cost for the exam is $105.
Learn more about career advancement, licensing and credit transfering for Phlebotomy and other Health Science and Administration programs with our HSA Road Map.
*Registration Deadline Notice*
Students must register at least 6 business days PRIOR to the start date in order to allow time for completion of program checklist requirements. The program checklist is available from advisors and on this webpage. For questions, please contact the Welcome Desk 720-423-4702.
2017-2018 Program Dates
Part-Time (M-Th, 5-9 p.m.)
Please note end dates are approximate. Clinicals start after program end date.
- 6/19/2017 – 7/20/2017 (plus clinical)
- 8/21/2017 – 9/21/2017 (plus clinical)
- 9/25/2017 – 10/25/2017 (plus clinical)
- 10/30/2017 – 12/6/2017 (plus clinical)
- 1/8/2018 – 2/8/2018 (plus clinical)
- 2/12/2018 – 3/15/2018 (plus clinical)
- 3/19/2018 – 4/26/2018 (plus clinical)
- 4/30/2018 – 5/31/2018 (plus clinical)
- 6/4/2018 – 7/5/2018 (plus clinical)
- Total Credit Hours: 5
- Estimated Program Cost: $695 (books may add to your final cost)
It's free to apply to Emily Griffith Technical College. You're under no obligation once you apply. Filling out an application allows us to connect you with people who can provide more information about your preferred studies and career goals.
This information is based on Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program.
$12.78 per hour
$26,576 per year
$21.82 per hour
$45,400 per year
Take the next step to a rising career
Fill out this form for more info on your career tech program of choice.