Water Quality Management
Students in the Water Quality Management Program learn about distribution, collection and treatment of water and wastewater through hands-on laboratory analysis. You'll learn about wastewater reclamation and reuse, and how toxins are removed from water. Water regulatory agencies and laws are also learned. Students completing this course of study will be prepared to take the level 1 exam.
Dedicated scholarships are provided by MillerCoors for students 21 and over.
What does water quality mean in Colorado? Find out here.
2017-2018 Program Dates
Part-Time (M-Th, 1-5 p.m. or 5-9 p.m.)
- 8/21/2017 – 6/27/2018
- 9/13/2017 – 7/19/2018
- 10/2/2017 – 8/1/2018
- 11/2/2017 – 9/1/2018
- 12/4/2017 – 10/1/2018
- 1/16/2018 – 11/1/2018
- 2/22/2018 – 12/1/2018
- 4/2/2018 – 2/1/2019
- 4/30/2018 – 3/1/2019
- 6/6/2018 – 4/1/2019
- Total Credit Hours: 34
- Estimated Program Cost: $4,683 (books may add to your final cost)
It's free to apply to Emily Griffith Technical College. You're under no obligation once you apply. Filling out an application allows us to connect you with people who can provide more information about your preferred studies and career goals.
- Water Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
- Water Distribution Operations - $27,000 per year
- Wastewater Collection Operations - $39,000 per year
- Wastewater Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
To what types of jobs do these skills apply?
- Collection and Distribution Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Distribution System Worker
- Facilities Mechanic
- Facilities Operator
- Industrial Pretreatment Specialist
- Instrument Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Pump Station Operator
- Water Distribution Treatment Technician
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Meter Reader
- Water Utilities Technician
- Water Quality Analyst
What types of companies might hire me?
- Public and private water and wastewater utilities
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|Introduction to Water Quality||
|Introduction to Water Distribution||
|Introduction to Wastewater Collection||
|Introduction to Water Treatment||
|Intro to Wastewater Treatment||
|Specific Calculations for Water Quality Management||
Upcoming Related Events
From our students...
Health and beauty have always been passions of mine. The ability to combine the two is exciting - helping people feel their best inside and out. The program is awesome and the price is right!