Do you want to be your own boss?
Consider Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
Quit talking about it and do it already! This program is designed for those who have always dreamed of starting their own business but don’t know where to start. This class is ideal for first time or seasoned business-minded individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Not quite sure of your business idea yet? We’ll have that sorted out and you’ll be well on your way before the program comes to an end. Any industry, any idea. This program provides you with tools to make your idea come to life.
Phase I: What is entrepreneurship?
- Understanding what it means to be an entrepreneur
- Developing an entrepreneurial mindset
- The 3 Ps of successful entrepreneurs
- Let’s create a product
- Registering your business
- Explain strategic management, business models, and planning
- Examine an organization in terms of its mission, vision, purpose, structure, and culture
- Principles of Accounting
- Let’s get funded (Expert panel of Micro Financers, Banks, and VCs)
Phase II: Creativity and Innovation
- Marketing 101, 4Ps of marketing, identifying your target audience, maintaining key relationships
- Marketing 102, social media, growth hacking, pricing and distribution
- Understanding the product life cycle
- Building strong brands and brand valuation
- Pricing strategies
- Present your winning idea and get seed money to start your business
This program is six weeks in length and free to participants.
For more information, please contact Michael Bevis, Dean of the College of Trades, Industry, and Professional Studies, at Michael.Bevis@emilygriffith.edu, or call (720) 423-8996.
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.
Planning an event? Let Emily's Catering help. Check out our catering menu.... more »
From our students...
From our teachers...
I love my students and teaching them new things.