Your financial contribution ensures future students can continue to benefit from this program at no charge. Your tax deductible donation is made to the Emily Griffith Foundation, a 501c3 not-for-profit that supports the education of Emily Griffith Technical College students. When making your contribution, please indicate that the donation is in support of Culinary Quick Start. Thank you.
- Build your career in Metro Denver's thriving restaurant industry!
- Hundreds of immediate openings for line and prep cooks in professional kitchens
- Demand is expected to continue to increase by 32% in the next 10 years
- Free, 4-week fast track training program that prepares you to enter the restaurant industry as an experienced line cook or prep cook
- Includes a hiring fair where you have the opportunity to get hired by some of the best restaurants in the industry
- Earn your ServSafe Certification
- Class meets Monday through Friday, 5:30 pm-9:30 pm for a total of 80 hours
- Emily Griffith Technical College, 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203
- No cost to participants
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Kitchen 101 Vocabulary
- Kitchen Workplace Safety
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills & Safety
- Recipe Reading & Conversions
- Prep & Production
- Cooking Methods
- Ingredient Identification
- Vegetable Prep & Production
- Fruit Prep & Production
- Temperature Danger Zone
- Basic Sauces
- Mother Sauces
- ServSafe Certification Prep
Career Services Workshop: Hiring Fair Prep
- Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking
- What hiring chef's are looking for in candidates
- Career Pathways
Upcoming Start Dates:
Enrollment begins 30 days prior to the start date of each class.
October 22nd through November 16th
- Hiring Fair: November 14th
November 26th through December 21st
- Hiring Fair: December 19th
Upcoming Classes to Be Announced....
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
Emily's Cafe is open to the public Monday,... more »