Student Success Center
The Student Success Center (SSC) is designed to support students throughout their educational experience by offering the following free resources: tutoring, workshops, job search, resumé writing, and test anxiety help. The SSC also serves as a computer lab and study space for currently enrolled students. In addition, this center provides students the opportunity to network with peers, and form group study sessions based on individual program needs. The hours of operation are Monday through Wednesday 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Information is available by contacting Krista Kliebenstein, EGTC Student Success Coordinator, by calling 720-423-4889 or via email at Krista.Kliebenstein@emilygriffith.edu.
Currently, the SSC offers workshops to assist students in these areas: Real-Life Math Applications, Study Skills, Life Skills, and Career Help. For a detailed schedule, please visit our website.
Challenge examination for program classes procedure:
- Enroll in other classes before testing out of a class.
- Meet with a department advisor.
- Complete the request for examination application form.
- Request from an advisor a time to test that fits with department scheduling.
- Pay for the cost of test in Treasurer’s Office. Cost is half the price of the class to earn college credit. If students do not pass the challenge test, they must take course at full cost. No amount of money from the test-out will apply to class tuition.
- Take the test; the grade is either pass or fail. A pass does not factor into GPA. Test scores do not factor into GPA.
- Receive your test score from a department advisor.
- Challenge examinations from other schools are not accepted.